This job is always open, so feel free to apply any time irrespective of the job posting date.
We are looking for movie critics of Indian origin to write Bollywood movie reviews on ongoing basis for our Bollywood and other Bollywood related portals.
You will have to cover movies from Raja Harishchandra till most recent once and future releases.
There will be variety of topics to cover as well in addition to writing regular movie reviews such as Best Bollywood Comedy Movies etc.
All the upcoming Bollywood movies should be reviewed as early as possible before it gets out in the cyber world.
The regular Bollywood movie reviews will be in following format
- 1/2 line of blurb
- Main review
- Movie info, Cast, Director, etc. – This should not be included in the word counting. – Optional
The reviews shall include full names of all people involved (no abbreviations). E.g. Kareena Kapoor and not Bebo, Amitabh Bachchan and not Big B etc.
The tone should be balanced so that you can write a fair review without any bias.
You should not use extreme/vulgar words.
Rate varies between $1 to $10/500 words.
The exact rate depends on your experience and style of writing. For ghost reviews we pay more. If you want reviews to be credited to you then we offer less rate.
We are looking for long term writers. If you can’t commit for less than 6 months then don’t apply for this job.
Terms and Conditions
- Reviews shall be original and authentic, they shall not be rewritten or based on any other reviews taken from print media or online
- In those cases where you need to do research or consult external resources, care must be taken to ensure that reviews are written from scratch and not copied from such sources.
- All reviews become our copyright.
- You shall not use or rewrite and publish these reviews for any other website or your own blog in print media or online
- You will have to provide at least one review per day or up to 5 reviews per week. You can take more time for the Bollywood movie reviews which require research
- You can send reviews in word document by e-mail. PDF or any other formats are not accepted
We reserve rights to terminate the assignment without giving any notice if we find that the reviews are copied/rewritten from other sources.
In all other cases the assignment can be terminated upon mutual agreement.
Who can apply?
Only candidates from Indian origin needs to apply. Candidates from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanks etc need not to apply.
- You must be a die hard fan of Bollywood movies and should be tuned to the Bollywood news/gossip all the time.
- You must be a good story teller who can be able to churn out stories combining it with gossips to make reviews spicy and interesting.
Payment will be made on monthly basis at the end of month.
At the end of each month you will have to submit an invoice to us and we take 1 week of time to make payment.
Payment against invoice. We will provide you the invoice template.
UK – Via BACS or Paypal
India, USA and rest of world – Paypal/Moneybookers
How many reviews I’ve to write per month?
Ideally we need 1 reviews a day which is flexible. But we need to have at least 2-3 reviews per week.
Would you provide me the topics/movie titles?
You can write reviews for all the latest Bollywood releases. If you wish then you can also cover the upcoming releases. If we need any specific movie to be reviewed then we will provide you the titles.
Do I have to post the articles on the blog as well?
No, you don’t need to post the articles. All you need to do is to send the articles to us by e-mail.
Do I’ve to provide you any images?
How do I track the work?
You can track it in a spreadsheet. However we do not need the spreadsheet.
At the end of month you can send us invoice.
How to Apply?
Use the form below to apply for this freelance Bollywood movie writing job. Make sure to provide as much details as possible without which all applications will be rejected.