We are looking for an expert Linux Administrator and webmaster who has experience in managing dedicated servers and some knowledge of Parallels Plesk Control panel.
Candidate must have experience in managing 1and1 dedicated server without which application would not be considered.
You must have at least 1 year of experience in configuration and maintenance of the 1&1 dedicated server.
This job requires managing the 1and1 dedicated server and performing some tasks as listed below.
You will not be provided any access to server, we will ask you queries and you have to reply to it. Server access might be provided only in extreme case.
Dedicated Server Environment
1&1 Dedicated Server – Linux
Parallels Plesk Control Panel
Initial tasks to be done
1) We need to block FTP access to all IP addresses except the ones we use.
Is it possible to block FTP at all and access account via any other serial console or SSH/SFTP etc?
If we are going to add IP address in blocking then we need to allow IPs in the range 83.34.*.* as we use dynamic address, is it possible?
2) You have to check the logs thoroughly and find out what are the security compromises? We know that we are getting FTP attacks
3) We see Socket duplicate problems, which requires fixing.
4) Our server is being shut down automatically, either it could be due to Attack or due to hardware problem. In either case we need to find out exact problem and get it rectified.
5) Configure firewalls on all domains/IPs and any other protecting mechanism available
6) Block unused open ports
Once above important tasks are done we need following work to be done
7) Create cron jobs/or via facility available to backup site regularly. 1&1 dedicated server provides FTP details to store the backup file but it doesn’t provide the way to do it.
So we have to use 3rd party free available script or software to do it.
8) Create Server monitoring trigger so that if server goes down we are informed by e-mail
9) Stats – send monthly stats report for each domain hosted automatically via e-mail
10) Any db/disk optimization for maximum utilization
11) Process control – make sure that we are not running any unnecessary processes
Initially you will have to complete the tasks listed above. Afterwards we would require you on need basis.
This is a freelance job.
You must have experience in managing dedicated server (Linux based) and performing a wide range of Linux Administration task.
You need to be available on chats/e-mails during working hours and when initial tasks are being completed.
How to Apply?
In order to apply send your CV/profile to jack_j200807 @ yahoo.com